Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Original Song: "Bitter"


Has the sky gotten smaller, or am I looking at it less?
The clouds never seemed so far away
I try to sleep the day away, but I’m never getting rest
The kindling’s there, but the fire won’t start

They never say that once you grow up, your only option’s to grow old
And in each day there’s less adventure
The trees turn grey instead of green, meanwhile the sun is growing cold
When the birds fly south, they won’t come back

I want to watch you fall asleep, I want to be taught how to breathe
I want to look up and see a sky, I want to look down on the sea
I want to run and never stop, I want to forget what I’ve been taught
I want to know what it is I want
I want to be free

It’s like a crippling weightless burden, it’s an invisible blinder
It’s these shackles made of air
I wanna fly too close to the sun, and then swiftly fall to Earth
You have to learn how to fall before you can soar

No comments:

Post a Comment